We have been quickly adapting to changes during this time of uncertainty while COVID-19 affects Canada and the way we manage and care for our patients.
As mandated by the College of Optometrists of Ontario, we are closed to routine eyecare services. We are currently limited to provide only urgent vision care issues to help reduce unnecessary visits to emergency rooms while front line health care workers deal with COVID-19.
1. If you are in need of contact lens extension or repeat order of your glasses due to lost or damaged eyewear, we will be happy to reorder and send you the product directly to you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Urgent vision issues include, but are not limited to:
*sudden onset vision loss or peripheral vision
*sudden onset flashing lights and/or floaters in vision
*painful eye with light sensitivity
*sudden onset double vision eye injury (severe trauma or chemical burn)
*red, painful eye accompanied with: blurred/foggy vision, nausea, discharge or cloudy/foggy cornea
Our optometrists will triage your vision care concerns based on your description of symptoms via email or phone call to the office and determine if this is urgent or non-urgent and if in-office care or referrals to specialists is required after this remote screening.
In-office care is limited to patients that truly require it, as there is risk for both practitioner and patient with any in-person contact due to the incubation period that can still be asymptomatic, in addition to worldwide shortage of personal protective equipment.
3. In lieu of this, we have set up a method of continuing to provide care to patients seeking help by telemedicine. Currently, telemedicine consults are not a covered service under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) for any age group.
You may be able to submit to your third party insurance provider for the consultation: Telemedicine consultations with our office cost $42 per session. As your vision symptoms were screened by our doctors and deemed to be non urgent, you can access care remotely via telemedicine.
If you would like a consult, we will send you the instructions to your email.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in these difficult times - we are trying our best to ensure access to care available to our valued patients in all methods that we can provide while keeping everyone safe and healthy.
Dr. Katie Yoon
Monday 9:30 - 6:00
Tuesday 9:30 - 6:00
Wednesday 11:00 - 7:30
Thursday 11:00 - 7:30
Friday 9:30 - 5:00
Saturday 8:00 - 2:00
(later appointments avail. by appointment only
**Please note that our office is closed for ALL statutory holidays**
UV Damage still occurs during winter months...
Please don't forget to put on your sunglasses to protect your eyes from the UV rays! You are still exposed to 80% of the UV during the winter months.
WE TOOK THE CHALLENGE!
Did you know:
- UV rays damage your eyes all year long
- Children and teens are exposed to 3X more UV than adults and are more vulnerable to the harmful effects of UV radiation.